Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Spring Get Away.....

I love that we live in a part of the country that is so close to the beach. Nothing makes me happier than lounging on the beach with my family. I'm so grateful for the warm weather. I think I have that seasonal disorder that makes you crazy in the winter. I really do. But spring is here and it's so awesome. Izzy and I planted a garden right after Easter. She loves fresh salsa made from tomatoes from the garden. Last summer she learned all about fresh tomatoes and now she's all about tending to the garden affectionately called "Izzy's Patch". We were able to escape for a few days to Navarre Beach on Thursday and then Rob married a couple from our church on Sunday. The wedding was outside on the beach at sunset. It was just beautiful. One of the perks of being a pastor's wife is attending weddings. That actually might be the only perk. :)Weddings are just good for the soul and I'm such a sucker for a bride and a groom. I just love it. So a beautiful wedding and a few days at the beach - God is good to me.

There were just a few things I asked for, selfishly of course, when I found out that Izzy was to be my daughter and that was Oh Lord, please let her love the beach !!! Let's just say, answered prayer....


A sandcastle fit for a queen

No, we didn't make this one. We just stumbled upon this abandoned castle on the beach. Izzy insisted on sitting inside of it so Daddy could rescue her. Sweet.



This is the sad little one that we made. Actually Izzy made these: Daddy, Mommy and Izzy castles.
Just some random pictures of my girl:


This one was taken while she was in full monkey character for thirty minutes. Believe me thirty minutes with a monkey is a long time.... What an imagination.


1 comment:

Mission To Macie said...

She is such a doll Lisa!

I miss y'all

and I prayed the same thing about Macie and the beach! It is my most favorite place to be!!

Jill :)