Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm so proud of my Mei Mei...she conquered a fear yesterday. I love it for her. She was so excited she could hardly contain herself. I don't know if ya'll remember but in December she had a dance recital for her creative dance class. It was Izzy's second recital and Mari's first. She got out there and froze, then cried, then ran into my arms. She kept saying " I no like people watching me dance, Mommy." Poor thing. Of course, Izzy pranced around with a big ole smile loving every minute of it and Mari felt awful. I kept reassuring her and telling her it was ok that she didn't dance. Well, she eventually got over it and went back to dance class determined that this time she wouldn't be afraid.  She's so funny. She told me yesterday "Mommy, it's ok if the people watch me dance this time." 

So when the recital started my girl danced to "Singing in the rain" She twirled her umbrella and remembered her steps. She actually smiled at everyone. It was a big deal for her. Towards the very end of the song she looked at me and yelled " Look Mommy, I dancing....see, you proud Mommy? " Oh, my goodness. It brought me to tears. Yes....my Mei Mei. I'm so proud of you. There is nothing you can't do my darling. What a sweet little victory for my girl. It's those little bitty ones that lead to the mountains she will overcome. I know that. Thank You Jesus that she danced.  And though she was the only one out there with a red prosthetic leg, the only one that couldn't wear ballerina slippers because they make her slide and fall, the only one that trips sometimes, the only one that twirled an umbrella with one half of one hand, she did it with poise and grace and took my breath away. God is so good !

Now Izzy, on the other, got out there and looked at me and said in very dramatic fashion " Momma, I'm shy I don't want to do this " and literally stood there still until I told her it was ok to come sit down. Izzy shy.....hmmm...I don't think so.  She ended up with a runny nose and little fever later in the day.  So maybe that explained that.  Shy and Izzy don't exactly go together.  At least we get to see one of them dance each time. Maybe one day they will dance together : )






2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Precious precious girls!!! SO proud of both of them!!!
XO

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story! These two girls never cease to amaze me!!! I know you and Rob are both so proud! Izzy and shy - wow don't think I've ever seen those two words together! :) Hope she is feeling better now!