Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was so sweet...my first one with Mari. She loved making cards for me. Helping with breakfast for me. Picking flowers for me. She loves having a Momma….how I love having her for a daughter.  I thought all day about Mother’s Day 2008, the day I met Izzy. I can hardly believe it’s been three years.  Amy….I so love that we shared that : )  Izzy was a Miss Priss from day one and nothing’s changed. She is getting too big too quickly though. I would love to rewind and enjoy it all over again.  Needless to say, I feel very blessed these days. I really never dreamed that it could be this special. On days like Mother’s day though my mind always wonders off to the children that don’t have a mom to celebrate Mother’s Day with this year.  My prayer is that by next Mother’s Day many of them will be with their moms. The reality is that most of the 147 million orphans won’t be with their moms but I can still pray for that. We serve a big God and He’s putting families together every day.
I struggle though with the thought of so many children, alone, orphaned.  It keeps me awake at night sometimes.  I think about Izzy laying outside of a hospital in Fuzhou and Mari abandoned in some remote village…alone crying for their mom’s. I thought about their birth mother’s a lot yesterday. How do they feel especially on days like Mother’s Day.  It’s pretty overwhelming.  I had no idea what I was getting into when I asked the Lord to break my heart for what break’s His… no idea. My heart is broken though for every orphan child and you can’t undo that.  Strangely enough the Lord uses these two sweet girls to help mend it. The thing that breaks it also mends it…go figure. Mother’s Day was sweet. 


I'll have some news soon…… Great news. Happy news. Jump up and down news : )  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh you left me hanging!!!!!!