Saturday, June 4, 2011

Has your kids imaginary play ever left you feeling like you're the one that's missing something? Or is it just me?

Me: "Whatcha doin Bella?"
Izzy: "Uh, Hellooooo...Surfing Momma..can't you tell?"
Me: "Oh, well...No, I couldn't..I mean...(deciding to play along) I didn't know you knew how to surf.
Izzy: " I LOVE to surf Momma"
Me: "Really, we'll I've never seen you surf before. When did you learn?"
Izzy: " I just learned today Momma (with hands on hips and a little bit of attitude because I didn't already know this information). I've been trying to learn for a long time, but I've been sitting around here waiting for a wave to come and it never did. (Shocking, right? Considering she's in the play room, not on the beach)
Me: "So, a wave finally came along?"
Izzy: "Yeah silly...can't you see I'm surfing now"
Me: "Yes, of course....Great job Bella. You're an awesome surfer."
Izzy: "Thanks Momma, now move out of my way....Uh, pretty please. I'm trying to teach Mei Mei and you're messing up our waves."







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! ADORE IT!!!!