Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Family Portraits

Finally.... We had family portraits taken. Izzy's been home almost seven months and we are just now getting pictures taken. I know that's pitiful, but it's really hard to get my 20 year old and 17 year old home at the same time. And getting five people to all smile and not make goofy faces is no small task. Out of over a hundred pictures, we ended up with about seven that we could all agree on. Thank God the photographer is my mom.... No one else would have put up with us.


And this is why the other 90 something pictures didn't work:


They don't follow directions very well......

Someone is always saying something funny, when they shouldn't ....

Izzy is just pretty over it at this point..... Can't blame her, she's three. There's no excuse for the 17 and 20 year old though.

Goofy, goofy, goofy.
And this is the look on your face when your toddler stomps around with white tennis shoes on in dog poop.
*
Despite the kids nagging us for making them take pictures and them picking on each other and them making fun of Rob and I, the thirty minutes that it took us to take these pictures is forever etched in my mind. It's those little moments that seem insignificant, trivial and often a pain in the butt that stop me in my tracks. And I look at my family and I think Wow! I am so blessed. God has given me such a wonderful family. And only a child with Izzy's personality could have fit in with this bizarre family. I am so grateful for each and every one of them and I'm grateful that they were willing to indulge me for thirty minutes...... :)


No comments: