Monday, August 29, 2011

Gotcha Day....One year ago

Angels lined the road on both sides of the street. Their trumpets raised high to announce the arrival of the princess. I can picture this in my mind. Hear the trumpets in my head. What a vision !! This remarkable sight was given to Deena as she and Mike drove down this road bringing Marianna to meet us one year ago today.


Not long after that I would see her again. This time as my daughter. 


By this time the Lord had stretched me, grown my faith and prepared me for motherhood yet again.

He held us tight through those rough nights early on


He rejoiced with us during all of our "firsts"



He said to us often "of course she can !"




He encouraged us when we were dissappointed by set backs and
He reminded us that He is "our Lord, our great physician"


What a year it has been. I have never been more blessed in all my life. Thank you sweet Jesus for the children that call me Momma. Thank you for Jiang Yu Feng that was born in my heart. 

 Forever to be My Marianna.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...It's the only thing I can say about this. I am actually speechles...Sometimes in the middle of the long days we call life it is easy to get complacent about our journey...this put me right back into it...a supernatural journey that the Lord has ordained long ago...a journey into the Fields of The Fatherless. Thank you for reminding me about how incredibly awesome our God really is...I Love You my wife, Rob

Melissa said...

Ok I was going to post a comment right after I read this yesterday but I couldn't for crying like a baby. I cried to my husband who looked at me like "what did I do". When I saw your beautiful girls running, jumping and giggling out of the door at the fingerprint office, my FEARS and worries for our to be adopted babies left me. I realized their special needs won't slow them down. It's other people that will point out that they are different. Last time I checked "normal" wasn't cool anyway. I am so glad you are following Gods lead in the design of your family. Love love love your heart! Happy Gotcha day!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy Marianna day!!! One of the best parts of China last year was meeting you all and being together in Fuzhou!!! Your family is precious and our girls still remember your girls. :) Mari has had such an amazing year and blended right into her forever family. What a blessing straight from God. Blessings to you all!
XO