Sunday, February 26, 2012

SHE DID IT !

ok you guys.....get ready to applaud : ) Seriously, it's a big deal......drum roll.

MARI BUTTONED HER SHIRT....THE WHOLE THING....BY HERSELF....IN JUST A COUPLE MINUTES!!!!

Maybe not a big deal for some 5 year olds, but my girl has struggled with buttoning forever. She's been able to button for just a few weeks but literally it took a good 20 to 30 minutes to get five or six buttons done. Her myo hand doesn't help in this case because she's has no tactile sense with it on. So I would have to button the first one to keep her PJ top from falling off and she would do the other five buttons and it took forever.  It didn't matter if we were late for bed. Late for church. It didn't matter. What mattered was that she was determined to do it and we just had to wait. That lion-hearted spirit that she has....she's teaching me! So tonight I put the shirt on her after her bath and I didn't do the top button because she wanted to try and I started blowing drying her hair because I thought we'd be there awhile I might as well get two things done at once and a couple minutes into blow drying she was done. She did it! She got so excited she started jumping up and down. She was proud of herself. I was too : ) My sweet girl. I had to take some pictures. These milestones are important you know..... especially to this sappy Momma.


That's my Mark 9:23 girl....

"What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes."



3 comments:

Melissa said...

More than awesome!!! So excited beautiful girl!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a great milestone!!! Praising HIM for precious girl!!! XO

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!