Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday my sweet Bella

How could my little girl be seven already ?



When you've missed any of your children's birthdays it makes the ones that you have with them extra special. With every birthday thoughts of birth parents come to mind. These days as Bella gets older those same thoughts invade her mind too.  In fact the last two years around the time of her birthday she's had a really difficult time. This year she's been able to talk about it more and be ok with it. No tears this year. She draws pictures of China Mommy when it comes up.  I think it helps her process it some. She is way too mature for seven. I've said that about her at two, three, four, five and six years old.... : )

We had to postpone her birthday party till August 4th because of an awesome but unexpected trip to Charleston next week. So I did my very best to make her day special.


I decorated everywhere that I could...just to see her smile this morning when she woke up



Pink roses for her birthday....well what girl wouldn't like that? Seven roses for the big seven year old and five roses for the birthday girls little sister. Convenient that their ages make a dozen.





She was tickled as usual to see her artwork published in her annual Izzy's Artwork. This year we also had published her first book of short stories. She's written and illustrated stories for the last year and I finally scanned and put them into book format for her. She was ecstatic to see it in print : )





Then we went have Chinese food for lunch...always her first choice.
We had a very sweet day with our beautiful birthday princess.





Happy Birthday my Bella Ting....oh, I love you so much. You are such a joy and a blessing.
How I wish that China Mommy could somehow see what an amazing young lady you are.


No comments: