Monday, July 9, 2012

Popstars

They make me laugh so hard sometimes. I come into the playroom and there's six chairs set up three rows of two each. They are in the back two chairs with their shades on and laughing. There's a stool at the front of the six chairs with a dog on it. It turns out the dog is the driver and they are popstars in a "long" car (you know Mommy the kind that bands ride in on the way to a concert)...how do they know this stuff? They are playing popstar.  At first I thought I should be worried...my five and six year olds playing popstar. Not exactly my idea of a healthy role model. What happened? Just last week they were still playing Cinderella and Snow White. So I'm watching and they ask if I want to watch them sing at the concert. Well of course. I live for these moments ! They get out of the "long" car and run into the concert. They have a stage set up at the other end of the playroom. Here they go....I'm thinking they'll sing some Taylor Swift song that they love. Maybe a Hannah Montana song that Izzy has on her Ipod...but nope nothing like that. They stood there and reminded me in such a sweet way that it is all worth it. Every minute, every word, every prayer, every moment spent pouring into their lives is worth it. My little popstars stood on their stage and sang "Amazing Grace" and it was amazing : ) Not that there's anything wrong with some age appropriate Taylor Swift music or some of Hannah Montana's music. It's just that for them to choose to perform Amazing Grace over all of the other stuff that swirls around in this world really made me smile.

So I asked Izzy "what made you guys choose to sing Amazing Grace?" and with typical Izzy attitude (that has gotten her in some trouble lately) she says "Um, hello...we are popstars for Jesus!"

I couldn't even get mad at the attitude that time : )





No comments: