Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I love her heart

my sweet Bella...how I love this sweet girl's heart. Every week she has a verse from scripture that she memorizes.  She records it in her composition book, but like the true artist that she is she draws a picture or pictures to represent that scripture. She told me that it helps her to remember it because she sees it that way in her mind. My brain works in a very different way so that sounds pretty foreign to me, but it totally helps her. She just recently memorized Ephesians 3:20-21 which is our benediction at church and it's really long, but she committed it to memory so quickly and she said it was because she drew it out. It took me twice as long to memorize so I'm going with the side of the brain that she uses : )

So this week she had a short, but profound verse to memorize: 2 Corithians 5:7  We walk by faith not by sight. Yet still she drew an elaborate drawing for this scripture...this one though left me weeping.

 
Of course I always ask her to tell me about her drawing. It's always creative and interesting, but this one brought tears to my eyes.
 
The first picture is our Angel Tree from our church in 2008 and Izzy holding the angel ornament with Marianna's picture on it and her telling us that this was her sister and we needed to go to China and get her. The next picture is us having a garage sale because God told us to bring her home but we had just spent all the money we had on Izzy's adoption. Even though it didn't look like we could do it, God told us to and we had faith. (oh my word...at this point I'm fighting back tears). The next picture is all the money God raised to bring Marianna home. The next picture is us bringing the money to the "adoption bank" (that was hilarious...it helped to fight back the tears)...and then the last picture is us on a plane going to China to get Marianna. (yep, I finally lost it and cried)
 
oh, I love this precious child

 

No comments: