Monday, March 25, 2013

The Thorn

Ok, if I'm going to be completely honest with you on a number of occasions over the last few weeks I have referred to The Thorn as "a thorn in my side". I know...shame on me : ( It's been hard though. Three and four hour rehearsals and the last week was every night. We were getting home and to bed after 10 pm. It has totally wrecked Josiah's schedule and he's been up in the middle of the night for two weeks now.

Izzy on the other hand has truly enjoyed every moment. As hard as it's been for the littlier ones, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Izzy. I've watched her grow so much over the last weeks. She went from being unsure of being on stage in front of people to outright shining in the spotlight. It's been a sweet mother-daughter experience for us. And I have to say as I stood there watching her do the "ring around the rosey scene" with Jesus I wept. I was overcome with emotion. Seeing her smiling ear to ear...oh my what a sight.

Then at the end of the performances there's a response time...an altar call of sorts. Well at the end of every performance there was always a huge line at the crosses. Knowing that lives were changed by The Thorn was truly what makes it all worth it.  My baby girl being blessed by it is just icing on the cake. People coming to know Jesus...well, that's the real deal and I'm really grateful we stuck it out.



 
Thank You Lord for this experience....I too have been blessed by it.
 
 

No comments: