Monday, July 13, 2009

Aunt Izzy...... What??


Oh, yes. That's right. Izzy is going to be an Aunt. We've known for a few weeks, but the shock is finally wearing off to the point that we can now embrace the idea and are actually getting excited about it. Our daughter, Jessi is having a baby. She is due January 23rd. The only issue we're having now is that there is no way in the world we're old enough to be a grandparents. And the thought of being called Grandmother, Grandma, Gran, Maw Maw, Gramps, Paw Paw, Grandpa whatever.... is a bit hard to swallow right now. So, Rob and I are trying to figure out what the baby is going to call us. We've come up with a few things that to be honest sound quite ridiculous, but are so much better than Maw Maw and Paw Paw. And Izzy for some reason doesn't want to be called Aunt Izzy. She said the baby has to call her Isabella Ting Braniff or she isn't going to answer. Well, excuse us!!!
Never a dull moment at The Braniffs. Izzy is turning four next week, I'm pregnant myself (so to speak), Ryan is in boot camp and now Jessi is blessing us with a grandchild. Uh, is the glass half full??? You betcha !!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Catching up sweet friend! I am am always reading the blog. :) I had not seen your post about Ryan!!! WOW! Wiping tears furiously here. So I rejoice over 2 new lives with you today my friend. What the Lord is up to!!!!!! How I love His ways! So amazing!

love to you ALL
Amy

Kari C. said...

Congrats! I loved what Izzy said... Tell her Happy Birthday from the Colleges! Sending you love from Omaha.

Love, Kari