Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blessed New Year

Here are a few pictures from New Years Day and my birthday. What a very sweet day with my family. Sometimes I wonder what in the world would Rob and I be doing if we hadn't become parents again. It's strange to think of life without them because it feels like they've always been with us. Izzy will forget sometimes too and ask me how big was my tummy when she grew in it. Then she laughs and says "Oh, yeah I grew your heart. I forgot" : ) I know it feels the same way for her. Like she has always been our daughter. Mari is starting to really blossom within our family and you can tell already that she's cemented herself within us. Just like she's always been here. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.... God's grace is amazing. I just cannot imagine my life without them.  A story ran in our local newspaper about Marianna. The newspaper had been kind enough to do a couple feature stories for us for Izzy's Dream and when we were fundraising for Marianna's adoption. They did a follow up article at Christmas. Well since this last article I have run into many people out around town that recognized us. We always catch a second glance anyway but lately I've had plenty people actually come up and say Hello and tell me that they read the article about us. They always end with " You guys are wonderful. These girls are so lucky to have you." and I always end up saying "No, God is wonderful and He has truly blessed me to be their mom. It is quite an honor." I've said that a lot lately and that has been sinking slowly in to my mind.  The honor. The calling. The blessing. The privilege. Sometimes it just falls over me that I have been chosen to be their mom. That absolutely blows my mind. This is not some random coming together. It's not a fluke. They're not just "lucky". The Lord chose ME to be their mom. He chose THEM to be my daughters. I cannot imagine a greater blessing.  I look forward to what He has in mind for us this new year.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another wonderful blog post! It truly made me smile! I missed the article in the paper (well I miss all the articles b/c we don't get the paper) but I'll have to see if I can check it out online!

Unknown said...

So precious...you are so blessed my friend!!!