Sunday, November 27, 2011

I love this time of year. I'm not a winter type of girl. I'm much happier at the beach in the summer. But I LOVE the holidays. I'm always excited when Thanksgiving comes. I've always put up our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. My kiddos always loved it too. Then they got older and didn't even want to help me decorate it : (  Now though...I've got two little sweeties that are all about decorating for Christmas. They are already planning their birthday party for Jesus. Planning the kind of cake we're baking.  What color icing should we make. Decorations....oh, the decorations!!! Izzy suggested that we skip school this week and just make decorations for His birthday party. Ha....good try Bella. 

So this year we went to get our tree on Thanksgiving night and instead of black Friday shopping we decorated the tree. A much better plan than Black Friday...much better. This is the first year in ten years that we are in a different house so that was a little strange for me. You get used to decorating your house a certain way so it's all new this year.  The girls had a blast though. They have such a beautiful way of keeping my focus on what matters. It's nothing like having a 4 and 6 year old reminding me that it is in fact all about Jesus.

Elfie is back..... and so are the squeals of delight every morning when they discover the new place that he returned too. Sweet...sweet.



Of course our tree couldn't be complete without a little bit of China.....









What a great Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for.....


Thank You my Savior for Your birth on this earth


My sweet husband....my partner in life....my partner in Christ


Thank You Lord for the first miracle of adoption in our family....Izzy Ting


Thank You for our second miracle of adoption....Mari Jiang


Thank You for our baby boy that will be with us soon

Thank You for my big kids that I miss terribly....miss them decorating the tree with me.....miss their dirty clothes all over their rooms....miss them drinking all of the sweet tea and leaving an empty container in the refrigerator....MISS THEM !


We ended this weekend with a mad game of Battle and Hot Chocolate on the back porch. So thankful for the little things. Battle and Hot Chocolate.
God is so good to us. So Good.



1 comment:

Jolene said...

Those China ornaments are wonderful! What a fantastic idea!