Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 23 and counting...


So today is day 23 of our countdown...the girls are in serious count down mode. They can't wait for Rob to leave for China. What I don't think they get is that after he leaves we have 13 more days before he comes home with Josiah. Those will be very long days for us. My heart is still a little broken about not being in China. Not being there for his Gotcha Day. I've never been away from Rob for that long. The girls will be missing their Daddy something fierce. It's just going to be tough. So, trying to keep my mind off of that I'm constantly thinking about what Josiah is doing. Is he sleeping right now? I wonder if he's cold? Does he need a blanket? Is he healthy right now? Does he really get to see our pictures regularly? Does he have an idea that we are coming ?  I'm praying so fervently for the Lord to prepare his little heart for us. This will be very different for us. I know this is more of a typical adoption from China, but it's not what we are used to. Both Izzy and Mari were "prepared" for us. They both knew who we were before we got there. They both knew English. They were so loved, cared for, prayed over...I couldn't have asked for more. Their transition into our family went as good as could be expected. So yes, I'm a little anxious. I know that I shouldn't be. I've seen God's grace in these circumstances. We've been with other families as they've gone through this transition and after a few days an amazing thing happens and the family just gels. They become a family. It's beautiful and it's all God's grace ! I think the anxiety is more about me not being there more than anything. My husband is a great father and I know God will show him exactly what our sweet boy needs. I really do trust that. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. There is something really special about Rob going on this adventure alone to bring his son home to be with his family. I can see it in Rob's eyes...he is excited in a different kind of way. Like it's a mission that God is sending him on. He's serious as can be about it. He and his boy alone in China. Oh yeah...this will be quite an adventure : ) 23 more days...

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Brings to mind Abraham and Issac~ God is going to bless big I am sure. Praying for you all!!! XOXO