Monday, April 16, 2012

My cowgirl

A couple years ago she told me that she wanted to be a cowgirl…actually it came up when Rob surprised me Mother’s Day 2010 with a Skype visit with Mari while she was still in China and we were waiting for our Travel Approval. I was completely tickled by this silly little thing. She was so silly, but my goodness she was so smart. I was telling her about her bedroom and I told her that I picked out a beautiful pale blue color for the walls and that her room was finished and waiting for her. She asked me what color blue and I told her it was “Cowgirl Blue” and she said “oh, because I love horses?” I said “sure”. I had no idea that she loved horses.  In fact I thought to myself when in the world would you have had the opportunity to have seen an actual horse, but either way she said she loved horses and her room was a beautiful pale “cowgirl” blue. Perfect !
Well over the last year and a half Mari has told me at least 100 times that she wanted to be a cowgirl. It’s always accompanied by a doctor, a surfer, a mommy or something else, but cowgirl is always the common thing that she wants to be when she grows up. We have stick horse for Josiah that she gallops around on which is hilarious because between the wood stick and leggie it’s not easy to navigate, but she does it.  
So this weekend we spent time at the farm and Marianna finally got to ride a horse. Actually he’s a cute little pony named Forrest that Rob’s mom bought for the girls and our grandson Jacob. He’s full grown and the cutest little thing. Perfect size for Mei Mei. She could not have been more at home on Forrest. She seemed to know what she was doing. It was so sweet to watch her. She rode him and then she brushed him and she hasn’t stopped talking about riding him and brushing him : ) We forgot “handy” at home which we’ll have to bring with us next time. She didn’t need her hand, but it will be a big help with holding on to the saddle next time. She was so proud of herself. I was so proud of her. Mari often gets swept into Izzy’s shadow. It just happens sometimes when you’re the little sister, but this time Izzy wasn’t too interested in riding Forrest and Mari was all about it. She just shined while she was riding him. It was HER thing and very important to her. I’m thinking they’ll be some riding lessons in her future : )






Everything is possible for one who believes... Mark 9:23


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! Love it!