Saturday, February 16, 2013

Xin Nian Kuai Le

Well for the first time ever I cooked for Chinese New Year. No restaurant...I understand why we normally go to a restaurant because cooking it was not easy! but worth it. If I'm ever going to teach my girls how to cook Chinese food I have to be able to do it myself.  I bought a wok recently and I've found some recipes that I love and I'm just trying. I'm two months into this and well some things haven't been so good and some things have been really good. At this point I have Egg Drop Soup and Chicken Lo Mein down pat. Everything else is still experimental. This genre of food is so different for me. There are so many staples that I didn't have and some of these meals you almost need to have three hands to do them well. It's a lot more than I thought it would be, but I'm not giving up. I just cannot let my Chinese daughters go into this world one day and not at least know how to cook their favorite Chinese dishes. So, I cooked "most" of Chinese New Year with a little help from Trader Joe's on the Edamame Rangoons and Egg rolls : ) and I have to say it was delicious! And to celebrate it with our family was perfect.




 

 
 

 
 
 
 
a great new year.....

No comments: