Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of Preschool Blues......







No, not Izzy. She loves her new preschool. I on the other hand went home after dropping her off to school all sappy and sad wondering if she was missing me. I hoped she wasn't crying. I've been so torn about putting her in preschool so soon after coming home. A few weeks ago though, she said something to Rob and I and she used English, Mandarin, Spanish and sign language all in the same sentence. We knew then that she really needed preschool. I know she has been missing that interaction with other children and she was definitely getting a little bored with Mom. Then I found my FCC group and they connected me to Life Academy and it just all fell into place. Felt right. So, today my daughter of just three and half months went to preschool. And I was sad !!!! As I sat in the drive up line to pick her up, I just prayed that she had a good day, that she liked her teacher, that she was in the same clothes (which would mean that there were no accidents), you know the usual first day of preschool stuff. And then we get to the front of the line and "No Izzy", they had to go in and make her come out to the car, because she didn't want to leave school. Can you believe that? And then she starts crying and doesn't want to get into the car. Screams all the way into the car and in the car seat. And my friend Jill says" Not the kind of crying you were expecting, huh?". Nope, definitely not. I was beginning to feel bad because as we drove away she began to cry louder and louder. And then I thought "Well, God just answered all of my prayers". She likes her teacher, she had a good day and she's in the same clothes that she went to school in. So, I had to get over it and be grateful. Izzy on the other hand; Well, it took a McDonalds Happy Meal and ten minutes of me promising her that all of the other children did in fact go home too, and the teachers went home and the school closes every day at 12 and that she could go back in the morning just to get her to stop crying and tell me about her day. Then she chatted for the next hour about how much she loves her school. All about her teacher and what she did today. She went down for her nap talking about her school and woke up from her nap talking about her school. And that is pretty cool.... so, I'm not blue anymore ~ just really grateful for my answered prayers.

2 comments:

Mission To Macie said...

she is a complete doll! so sweet and polite! i am so glad God brought us all together!

Hugs,
Jill :)

MississippiZen said...

Oh my! How funny is she! God is SOOO awesome ... isn't he? First, he connects you to us ... and then the school!!

Tell Izzy to keep Lilli's spot warm while we travel ... I know that Lilli is going to be MISSING all her friends and Miss Ashley!