Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Prayer Requests

Please pray for Izzy. She is having a hard time lately. Over the last couple of weeks she's been asking me over and over if we are going to leave her. She never cries when she asks me and it's mostly just at bed time, but it's been consistently for the last two weeks. It's just breaking my heart. Last night when I asked her what she wanted to pray about she told me that she wanted to pray for Mommy and Daddy to love her forever..... that did me in. These little ones are too wise from what they've been through. Today I spoke with the Family Education Coordinator at our agency. She was incredible, so encouraging. She thinks this is very normal behaivor for a toddler that has only been adopted for four months and maybe Izzy starting preschool and us evacuating for the Hurricane has just stirred some anxiety about the permanence of her situation. She said that we should just continue to reassure her that we love her and that we are her family forever. When we tell her that we love her and we will never leave her, she just smiles this huge smile and hugs us so tight. Boy, parenting is not for wimps !!!

On a lighter note, Rob went into her room the other night because we heard her on the monitor. He thought she wanted a sip of water or needed to go to the potty. When he went in there and asked her what she wanted she signed to him "Daddy and Mommy more baby". And Rob says " More babies, you mean more water." And she shook her head and signed again "Daddy and Mommy more baby." So I'm on my way into the room at this point because I her Rob exclaim over the monitor "More babies, you mean more water !!!" When I get in there he's telling her that she'd better get started praying about it if she wants a little sister. And Izzy got totally excited and started jibber jabbering about getting on her favorite plane (favorite plane ~ isn't that funny?) and going to China to get her sister. They sat there and totally carried on about names for her and how Izzy is going to do this with her and that with her. And I'm standing in the door way of her room marveling at how God takes you from "Don't leave me, Are you going to love me forever?" to "Let's get on my favorite plane and go get my sister in China". Notice there was no mention of a little brother in China.

It's like being on a roller coaster around here..... Keep us in your prayers.

No comments: