Thursday, September 4, 2008

Major gratitude and Major whining all at the same time.

We've been back home since Tuesday morning. No water in the house, no trees on the house. My neighbor wasn't as fortunate though. Still no electricity and no running water but yet our Parish wasn't included in the Emergency Declaration by our President. Trees down, powerlines down, but no emergency ~ go figure !! ..... can you tell I'm a little over it?? Evacuating and returning under these circumstances are much more difficult with a toddler in tow even though Izzy has been so good. She's such a tough little girl. She just rolls with the punches. She's been sick, she's on breathing treatments and is a little confused about why there are no lights working in the house, but other than that she is just making the best of it. Me on the other hand; well, my whining is getting on my own nerves. I want electricity, I want to take a bath, I want to wash clothes..... Ahhhh, I'm just over it.

My husband and my son have handled the brunt of the work. I've not been much help this time, since I'm with Izzy every minute. There are power cords throughout the entire house coming from two generators. So, Izzy is walking over extension cords every few steps. I'm watching her like a hawk. Ryan has been such a huge help. I've actually seen the first glimpses of my son as a man through this experience. He's been incredible. No whining, just digging in, carrying generators, doing whatever was asked of him and doing it well. I'm really grateful that he was here to help us. My oldest daughter is coming home today from Florida. Her house in New Orleans did ok, so we're grateful for that too. I hope that everyone else did ok with the storm. Keeping you all in my prayers. Please pray for my sanity and for the lack of personal hygiene around here !!!!!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

Hey Lisa!
Sorry you are misreable. Wish I could help. I'll be praying that your power will be working SOON!!
ps.. Way to go.. to your SON!
Keisha