Monday, July 5, 2010

My little artist

This is titled "Sea Creatures". They all have titles these days. They haven't always, but these days she's titling them. And there's always a great story that goes with it. I love it. Absolutely love it. Every single day she draws. Everyday. Many things. All day long. We go through a 500 pack of card stock a month. It's like a compulsion for her. She can't help herself..... She has to draw. I love to listen to her explain her drawings. She has such an incredible imagination. I'm always amazed at what she can draw especially at four. Last year I made a little book of her artwork when she was three. I was trying to figure out a way to memorialize it so I thought this would work. Well, try figuring out how to pick 100 drawings out of a gazillion. Not easy. She loved it though. So much so that I published (on blurbs.com) another book for her with all of her drawings at four years old. I just finished it. I hope it's in before her birthday. So, tonight she gave me "Sea Creatures" She worked on it all during Barbie as Rapunzel. That little sparkle in her eye told me that she was proud of it. She was so excited to give it to me. These little things are so special to me. I am cherishing everyone of them.


No comments: