Thursday, July 1, 2010

What is Jesus worth to you?

You ever buy a book that you know you're supposed to read? You order it right away. You're so excited for it to come. Then you get your package from Amazon.com and you take the book out and thumb through it. You read the first couple of pages and it scares the heck out of you and the next two weeks it sits on your nightstand. Just sits there.

Well, as foolish as this sounds, I have been afraid to read this book. I know from the commentary that I've read on it that it's a must read for every believer. I know that it's not one of those books that you can't put down. I know that very likely I will want to put it down a lot. I know that it will challenge me. I know that it will make me very uncomfortable. Yep, I'm just plain scared. Oh well.... here goes. Chapter One "Someone worth losing everything for.... What radical abandonment to Jesus really means"



No comments: