Saturday, May 4, 2013

Locks of Love

Yes they did!

I know we have been working towards this for a couple of years, but the reality of cutting 10 inches of their beautiful hair was so hard. Much harder for me then them. In fact they were plain giddy about it. So excited to do it. We had gone online earlier that day and watched a you tube video about alopecia. Izzy had heard about it through someone at church and wanted to know more about it. In one of the videos was a beautiful little Asian girl with alopecia and they both looked at me and said "we're ready to do it Mom...today" gasp....!  I wanted to wait and bring them to my friend Rachel's to get it cut professionally, but they wouldn't wait. They wanted to do it right then.

So....

 
I cut their beautiful hair and we sent it off to Locks of Love and I couldn't be prouder of my girls.  What beautiful girls with such beautiful hearts to love others.
 
Then we had my friend Rachel "fix" their hair...because this Momma has no idea how to cut hair : )
 
 
 

No comments: