Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Great Giver of Gifts

To God be the glory

You know I knew that He would do something crazy cool. You guys know this is our third adoption and you know God has knocked our socks off each and every time. The circumstances that brought us to Josiah have been just one God thing after another. I couldn't even dream this stuff up. It's just beyond my imagination. He has provided everything we needed. Never does He call us to anything that He doesn't equip us to handle or provide for in the first place. Well, then things just kind of settled down. Then we got our LOA from China and here we found ourselves just a few months from traveling and we still have a lot of money to raise. For neither Izzy nor Mari's adoption have we been to this point in the process with this much left to raise. Hmmmm...Yes, that could cause a girl to freak out a little, but strangely I wasn't.  God has impressed upon us this entire time to just continue to trust Him and He would provide. Recently the girls have joined in the prayer for provision for Josiah. They are funny and they don't mince words with God. "Lord, could you please send the money we need to bring Josiah home. Thank you Lord" .....that's a typical Izzy prayer right there. To the point : )

So, yesterday was my birthday. Forty-two years young : ) I'm so grateful I feel young because these girls keep me running like crazy. So, I checked the mail and there's a few birthday cards for me. Sweet cards. They make you feel special. Then I get to the last envelope which was from a church in Illinois and I opened it and screamed. Screamed out loud.  I couldn't help it. It was a very, very generous donation from an anonymous family to help bring Josiah home. It was like opening a gift straight from the Lord. I immediately showed the girls and explained to them what it was. They literally grabbed my hands and started jumping up and down saying " Thank You Lord, Thank You Lord ". They knew right away a prayer was answered. They were so excited. Mari thought that it meant we could go right now to China. Oh, I wish. We have a ways to go yet, but what a big dent in what we need to raise. God is so good. I don't know if that family sees my blog or not, but I hope they could know how truly blessed we've been by this offering. So blessed.

After a few minutes we all settled down and I called Rob to tell him. I had such joy in just telling him about it.  So much joy in just sharing the news. I could imagine the Lord relishing in our delight. Once again He knocked my socks off. And you know what, I think He enjoys doing that. He is after all the great giver of gifts.

Thank you Lord for Your provision. You are faithful ! Thank you sweet family that God used to help bring our son home. You are the body of Christ. We are so grateful. Much love......

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

God is SO good and LOVE when He gives us a big surprise!!! Blessings to a VERY deserving family!!! XOXO sweet friend!