Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Shell Collection

When I selfishly asked the Lord five years ago to please, please, please let Izzy love the beach I had no idea that she'd actually love the beach more than I do, but she does!! That girl could be there 24/7. God answered that selfish little prayer of mine in a big way. All my "little" kiddos love the beach...the big ones not so much.  Izzy especially seems to be at home there and never wants to leave. She and I started a shell collection when she was two. We've dragged shells home every single time we've ever been to the beach together...and that's a lot. We had so many shells that they filled up the bottom of her clubhouse in her play set. Well, when we made the trek from LA to SC we couldn't fit lots of stuff and we really couldn't fit a load of shells. She was a big girl about it and said "that's ok we can leave them for the next person that lives in our house", but since we've been here she's regretted that decision.  She was so bummed about it the first time we went to the beach she didn't even want to collect any more shells. What? Change is hard for her and it really made me sad. Little things like shells are so important to her. So, imagine how delighted I was when on Labor Day she picked up her pail and said "Come on Momma....let's start a new collection at our new home" : )  Thank You Lord for walking with my babes through this big change in their life.  Sometimes I forget that You love them even more than I do....




And thank you for your beautiful creation that we get to be a part of....
 
 








No comments: