Thursday, December 13, 2012

my boy and his baby

Josiah goes to work with Rob on Tuesdays. The staff kiddos can come on that day (the little ones) and Josiah loves to go to work with Daddy. So a couple times the childcare workers have commented to Rob that he is so good with the babies and the younger toddlers. They've said that he can't stand to hear a baby cry. He immediately goes over to them and tries to calm them. It seems to upset him to hear them crying. No matter what he's doing he will stop to go to the baby that's crying.

We also started noticing Izzy's baby doll kept ending up in Josiah's room.  Then he would be on the back porch rocking her doll. So sweet to see him caring for a baby...even if it wasn't a real baby. Still so sweet.




I have no idea what he saw in his orphanage but something really bothers him about babies crying. Last night at an event at church for the kids every time a baby cried he would tell us "No, baby cry" and try to see where the sound was coming from.

My baby has a heart for babies....so sweet. So it reminded me of Blue Boy....Oh, Blue Boy!  I'm not the kind of parent that thinks it's weird for my little boy to play with a doll. Not one bit, however about twenty-one years ago someone else in my life thought it was very weird for a little boy to play with a doll. So I went on a search for a boy's doll for Ryan to play with and I found a blue boy doll. There was a pink one and blue one so the blue had to be for a little boy. I bought him...and Rye loved him. He slept with Blue Boy as he called him every night. So I went digging through a gazillion boxes in the garage last night and low and behold I found Blue Boy....



I know he looks a little rough with the formula stains from the early 90's...I know...but let's just call him vintage and roll with it.  Josiah doesn't mind one bit. He loved Blue Boy....



How sweet is that ? 

And boy does that make me feel old...my three year old is now sleeping with the same Blue Boy that my twenty-two year old (next month) slept with...goodness gracious!

No comments: