Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sisters


Something about Sisters….it resonates with my soul.
I’m so glad they have each other. They don’t know it yet, but it’s the best thing in the world. 
Yes, they fight like sisters. Yes, they love like sisters. It’s a beautiful thing.

I get it because I’m a sister. I didn’t have a little brother until I was an adult so I don’t have any idea what it means to grow up with one. But a sister. I know all about that. It’s one of the things that I’m most grateful for in life.
Having a sister means lots of things…. a younger sister that was close to my age often meant aggravation. They just aggravate you. It’s the reality of a younger sister. They take your stuff and they tag along with you everywhere you go. That’s the worst thing about a little sister.

The best thing about a little sister is that they tag along with you everywhere you go : ) They are with you in all things and in all ways. They are always in your corner. They believe in you.  There is no one else in the world that they want to hang out with than their older sister. So as the oldest sister you always have a friend. Always have someone to count on…Always!
I watch Izzy and Mari all the time. I see the things they share. I watch them discover life together. They go through hard times together. They ask those difficult questions together. They try to figure this life out together.
 
I watch them fight over things. I see Mari aggravate Izzy and it just tickles me (Izzy doesn’t quite appreciate this). I can’t help it though. I have some strange affection for it now. I love it all…the sweet and the not so sweet. But see I know what they don’t know. I know that one day they will miss this. One day Izzy will be married with a family and Mari will be married with a family and instead of being in their bedroom giggling over Barbies they’ll call each other on the phone and reminisce about giggling over Barbies or more than likely they’ll probably be talking about me and how I’m driving them crazy.  Yes, Momma…Lynnie and I do that sometimes : )

They’ll talk about life. About their family. About their kids and the joy of parenting them. They’ll talk about how hard it is to parent them. They’ll share their heartaches in only a way sisters can.
They’ll talk about days gone by and they’ll share wonderful times together. BUT…they will miss these moments. They’ll miss the giggles. They’ll miss the fussing and even the aggravation. They will wonder why they rushed through their childhood and wish for a day when they got up in the morning and climbed in Momma’s bed and watched TV with her before breakfast. They will miss sitting next to each other at the dinner table. They will miss baths together. They’ll miss talking at night in their bed when they should be sleeping. They will miss all of this.
 
They will one day have a complete understanding of what it means to grow up with a sister and they will be grateful….and if they ever get to parent daughters one day they will surely be blessed ! 
 

No comments: