Monday, December 3, 2012

My other visitor

Besides Elfie visiting we also had an unwanted guest. I'm an animal lover big time, but I think I'm drawing the line here. I love the rabbits, the deer, the geese in my back yard. I've learned to even come to terms with the snakes, but alligators...I'm thinking No!

So Rob took Marianna to riding lessons on Saturday along with Josiah. Izzy and I decided to stay home in our pj's and just hang out and relax. Yeah right. I get on the back porch with a book and my coffee and this is what I see....Ahhh!!!




And it turns out that animal control doesn't haul them off unless they are over 6 ft...blah!! So he ended up here...cornered by a cat in my neighbors driveway. Go figure...vicious little thing, right? Scared of my neighbors cat. Well, then I felt bad for him (not sure why it's a him but I think it's a him). When Rob got home he and my neighbor shooed him off to the pond behind the house and that's where he stayed. The next day as I left our neighborhood there he was sunning himself on the bank. All my life in Louisiana I've never been visited by an alligator. I really didn't expect one in Charleston.



No comments: