Friday, December 14, 2012

We're not in Manhattan anymore...


So I’m nostalgic lately. You know this. Thinking a lot about our big kids. Thinking a lot about our little ones. Thinking a lot about our journey. How we ended up here in South Carolina. This crazy adventure God has us on…

Today though I have smiled so many times thinking about your birthday.  We’ve had so much fun celebrating your birthday in the past.  I was thinking particularly about New York. You and I traipsing all over Manhattan..partying like juveniles. Having a ton of fun. The magical moments…like Steve Tyrell at The Carlyle..dining at the top of The View overlooking the city…so romantic. Those are some of the moments we won’t forget. I remember very clearly thinking that THIS is living. THIS is life. Our big kids were almost grown and our little ones weren’t even a thought yet. Funny how different life is with some perspective.

While THAT was romantic and THAT was so much fun, I know now what is LIVING…what is LIFE. I believe that God was looking at you and I then smiling probably saying  “you have no idea what I have in store for you…just wait, I’ll show you what LIFE is!”

We are in our 40’s (one of us further along in their 40’s than the other…uh hum!) with five kiddos with an age gap from the oldest to the youngest of 21 years and we have no idea if we’re even done yet.  It’s a crazy life, but an amazing life. What I’ve realized is… THIS is LIVING. THIS is LIFE!

I’m so grateful to be on this crazy journey of life with you. I pray your birthday is blessed beyond all other birthdays.

No…chances are we won’t be heading to Manhattan to paint the town anytime soon. Can I interest you in a day at the beach instead with three little Chinese sweeties?

I love you….Happy Birthday to my LIFE sojourner. May our path continue to be THIS sweet and THIS crazy always!

No comments: