Friday, December 23, 2011

Introducing "Handy".......

We have a new member of our family......meet "Handy". I know, how original! As original as "Leggie", right?  : )

She is lovin her new hand and is already amazing us with how well she can use it. She literally got it at 11:00 a.m. today and she's picking up things and holding things with it. She can open and close it easily. I'm just shocked at how proficient she is already. The myo-electric hand is SO cool. It's funny that Rob and I just stare at it because it's way crazy how it works and the girls are acting like this is just a regular thing. Like it's just a normal part of life. I guess it is normal for us. She had me paint "handy's" nails as soon as we got it. I was in the middle of painting and I started cracking up laughing because aside from trying to make the girls stay still so their nails would dry (which is an impossible task) I'm also balancing a prosthetic leg on my lap and I have a prosthetic hand in my left hand because I'm trying to paint them as well. It was just so funny to me. This IS our normal and it just makes me laugh.

Two and half years ago I was petrified at the thought of parenting a child with such special needs. Only God could've known that I would actually delight in parenting her.

Welcome to our family "Handy"....we are so happy to have you join us.


Here we go.....




Nice to meet you "Handy"







It's the little things in life like holding an umbrella....Thank You Lord.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Wow Lisa!!! Just found your blog. I've got some catching up to do. Just read this one so far and it blessed me! Merry Christmas (tho looks like ya'll are off to a good start!) and God bless!
Barb

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

This is a beautiful post for a beautiful little girl. :)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a blessing!!! SO thankful for such a miracle~ Precious beyond words!!! XO