Saturday, December 31, 2011

So long 2011...

2011 has been an amazing year and a very difficult year. Never before have I felt more blessed and more heartbroken in my life. I'm always looking back for the lesson. Gosh, I don't want to wander around the mountain for forty years or if I have to wander for forty years by goodness I want to be learning something the whole time. What I've learned through 2011 is that God is Sovereign. Period. The things that have been difficult well, there's been a reason for it.  I don't always like it, but I've learned to trust that His reasons for it far outweigh my heartbreak. I've learned to seek God in all of these difficult things just as much as I seek Him in the beautiful things. I've learned to Praise Him in all things. All things! And that's not always easy. I've been on top of the mountain and down in the pit, but this year has taught me that He works all things for good for them that love Him. That is clear to me these days even when it doesn't make sense. I know now that when my kids are struggling that God is there for them. He always has been and always will be. I've learned that He loves them more than I could ever imagine loving them. As tough as life gets sometimes, that brings me great comfort. My prayer is that they will know how great His love is for them.

2012.....well, this year I'm looking forward to this little sweetie : )


I'm looking forward to some new pictures (God willing) soon...update is supposed to be coming. Yeah!

Just realized that every other year since 2008 we've grown our family through adoption. 2008 - Izzy, 2010 - Mari and 2012 - Josiah. Oh my goodness. I am turning 42 this year Lord....just sayin : )

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy New Year sweet friend! You have such a great year ahead and can't wait to watch you bring this precious baby home. LOVE that we met in 2010 and would love to meet again! Blessings and love~ give our love to your family. Scott and I talk about you all a lot!!! XOXO