Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our Journey so far....

Well, it's chilly here in Dalton, GA but it seems to be appropriate when you look out at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. So...I'm not complaining : )

The girls were amazing being cooped up in a car for eight hours. I mean really amazing. No fighting. No getting car sick (Thank You Jesus...Mari slept for several hours right after she told me she felt nauseated) The weather was great and the ride didn't feel that long which made me feel good because if we end up moving to this area then I'd like to think that my family would come see us more often if the ride wasn't so bad. It's good for me too knowing that I can get home to our family in a days drive. Just some weird little comfort I have in being this level of away from home. If that makes sense. Now, if the Lord calls us way far away, I guess I'll get over that : ) 

The Lord was definitely with us on the ride. We felt a great peace as soon as we drove off from our house in Slidell. I had been a little anxious prior to leaving but it immediately vanished when we left. There were a few signs on the way too.... : )



And this was on the Marquee at The Hampton Inn when we pulled in on Thursday night.....


He is so good !

So Rob went to church at Rock Bridge on Thursday night. He really loved the church so we stayed Friday and explored the downtown area where the church is located. It's a quaint urban pedestrian area that seems to be in the midst of a restoration effort. It looks like the church has had a lot to do with that. Rock Bridge takes up a block maybe of the downtown area. A few different buildings including a old theater.










Then we went up into the mountains for the rest of the day. We did the whole touristy thing...Rock City and Ruby Falls. We ate dinner at this kind of old school pizza joint in Chattanooga which was great then we went back up to Lookout Mountain for the Enchanted Garden of Lights. That was really cool. It reminded me of Celebration in the Oaks at home just not in the Oaks but on top of a mountain. The girls loved the Christmas lights and the caroling. They also loved the home made Kettle Corn and Hot Chocolate from Starbucks.














Tonight we're going to church for a Christmas program and tomorrow we're going to the early service and heading home. So much has been revealed and I'm sure there's more to come. Thank you for your prayers. We have felt completely covered by them. Blessings, Lisa

1 comment:

Rebel said...

Happy Holidays Lisa!

Reading the last few posts - getting caught up on your family! YAY for LOA!

Also - Good luck on your journey! If you decide on the area of Tenn that you visited... you are less than 2 hours from the Judge family!

Keep me posted!

Rebel