Wednesday, December 21, 2011

waiting patiently

Habakkuk 2:3 
But these things I plan won't happen quickly. Slowly , steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.

I saw this scripture today on a friends blog and it really spoke to me. We are in such a season of waiting right now. It seems like we are waiting on everything these days.....not the least of which we are waiting on is Josiah. It's the area of my life that I have the hardest time waiting. It's just hard to imagine him alone in an orphanage without his family. It's harder this time because he's in a regular orphanage unlike the girls that were at Hidden Treasures Home. BIG DIFFERENCE. So, I cling to God's word in such a fierce way lately. I have to trust that God's got it all under control. Trust that Josiah is ok. That someone is loving him for me. It breaks my heart that I'm praying that someone is showing love to my child today. It's so hard to believe that this is the reality for so many children. There is so much that I don't understand. There is so much more I want to do. There is just SO much in my head lately that it feels like it's going explode. And right now, I wait ! Which feels a lot like I'm doing nothing. I can't stand doing nothing.

It doesn't help that I have two sick kiddos and haven't slept much....yeah, that doesn't help :(

I see the vision though and I anticipate it being fulfilled in God's absolute perfect timing.




1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Bless you sweet friend! It is so hard to wait and wait not knowing. That is how we felt with SJ. Never really knew what was going on but totally trusted God's provision and He was completely faithful!!! blessings and love to you all!