Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 8 - Yellow Crane Tower and Mohawks

Today they visited the Yellow Crane Tower . They had a great time touring Wuhan. It was good to get out of the hotel. Wuhan has been very different for Rob than Fuzhou. He's ready to go already which is odd. We never felt that way in Fuzhou. Both times we left Fuzhou we wept because it was so hard to leave there. I'm not sure why he's feeling that way. Maybe because he's alone there. There are no other families from our agency adopting there right now. We're not there either. Maybe because there's less to do there. I'm not sure but either way he's looking forward to Guangzhou. He said Josiah really enjoyed getting out today. He loves the outdoors. When they're in the lobby at the hotel if he gets a glimpse of the front doors he grabs Rob by the arm and starts dragging him towards the door to go out. I can't wait to see him running around the back yard and swinging on the play set. Mari swings so high that she goes above the roof...I think she'll have some competition. He's quite the daredevil. Tonight while I was on the phone with them he was trying to walk on the headboard of the bed. Oh for goodness sakes !










After the Yellow Crane Tower they headed out to get their cuts...yes, they did it. Mohawks for my boys. I was a bit shocked by the photos at first...not that I didn't think they'd do it just that it startled me at how different he looked. I was just getting used to seeing him with all that beautiful hair. I have to say there is something so sweet about he and his Daddy getting their hair cut together that just brings tears to my eyes...and the truth is I love the mohawks. Absolutely love it! I mean I'm married to Rob Braniff...I can't be too normal, right? So my little guy with a mohawk... it just makes perfect sense to me : )



















These are his words...they accompanied the pictures today:
"Lise...i have never experienced a day like today.... Josiah rode in the carrier pack on my waist. We walked down the street and stopped and looked at the vendors...and then i took my son for his very first haircut. I have never experienced that in my life. All i can say is that it was beautiful...the people were in love with him and i think us, a dad taking his son for his first hair cut...it was the talk of the salon. I fell in love with the people there. Josiah was amazing! He didnt make a peep and didnt move an inch...then he got a sucker for being a good boy and then watched me get mine.
Then the guys there and some ladies carried him around the shop and took pictures with him...then we walked together in the drizzle and got drinks and snacks...man, all of the people were smiling and commenting...and when we walked back into the hotel...all the staff were completely smitten with him. We love you Momma...i am learning a lot doing this with him...it's the hardest thing i have ever done but way good for me."

No comments: