Monday, May 7, 2012

Gotcha Day - Day 10

I can't tell you how relieved I am...Thank You Jesus.  Rob said he walked into the Civil Affairs office and Josiah came right to him. Right into his arms. Goodness...I'm so grateful. 



He did pretty well at Civil Affairs and on the ride home. He cried a tiny bit in the van and the elevator but got over it quickly. In the hotel room he was into everything. Exploring the room. Running around. Climbing on things. Throwing his ball. Throwing his car. Rob said there is definitely no signs of high muscle tone in any of his limbs. He looks great. Very healthy. Praise God. He says "Mama" and "Baba". He knew from the pictures that we sent that Rob was his Baba.  When I Skyped with them he pointed to me in his photo book and said "Mama" and then pointed to me on the computer screen...melting my heart already.  The orphanage director told Rob to keep an eye on him because he's been known to get out of his bed at night and leave his room...What? Oh my goodness. He is still in diapers. No signs of potty training yet. He says about a handful of other words none of which we know because it's in Mandarin. He ate very well for dinner and had a blast in the bath tub. He seems really adventurous...that suits his Daddy very much. It was funny to see Rob trying to keep him still to Skype with me. He was all over the place. The last email of the night from Rob said "by the way, your job is hard...very hard! I am doing ok but this is stretching me in a huge way...i like it though. Cant wait for the mohawks and then Shamien Island...Starbucks here we come!!! "
I know that He knows how hard it is to be home with little ones, but he's never done it completely alone like this. And by the way...He's doing an amazing job. I am totally impressed with my husband. It's not that I didn't think he could do it. I just didn't think he would do it this well : )




After bath he started grieving. He ended up on a pallet on the floor and pretty much cried himself to sleep. Rob did great with him though. Overall a good first day together. The grieving breaks your heart, but God's grace is perfect and in a matter of days the grieving will stop and it will be like he's always been with Rob. It's a beautiful thing.




All this time I've hated absolutely hated that I couldn't go. From the moment we booked Rob's tickets its been a frustration for me. I have prayed and prayed for God to give me peace about it and peace didn't come. I knew in my head that it made more sense for me to stay with the girls. I knew they couldn't handle me leaving them for two weeks, but it killed me to think of not being there in those first days with Josiah. I remembered Izzy grieving and holding her in my arms and she wept for hours. Comforting her the best I could as she cried herself to sleep those first nights. It was awful. I remember the frightened look that still sticks in my mind on Mari's face when she realized that she wasn't going back to Hidden Treasures that first night. She held me so tight. I couldn't imagine not being there for Jos. But today something amazing happened to me, God's grace has poured out on my soul as well as Josiah's. I have had complete faith in my husband to handle whatever comes his way.  I know deep down inside that God is with them both. I haven't had peace about this since March when we booked Rob's ticket and today peace came raining down on me. Not only do I have peace finally but there is something special about Rob being there alone and being able to bond first with Josiah. Something that feels appropriate for a father and son. They will come home and Rob will go back to work and Josiah will be with me all day every day. Rob doesn't get to spend as much time with our kiddos as I do. What I've come to realize yet again is that God's plan is perfect even when it doesn't make sense to us. He is sovereign over all things. Clearly this is how it's supposed to be and finally my heart is settled about it.

Now, don't get wrong... I can hardly wait to love on my little guy...my big guy too. I pray these 10 days fly by and maybe I'll get more than 2 hours sleep tonight : )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I have checked your blog and FB since I realized Rob was on his way to receive the gift God has given you two once again. What a blessing and as I read your post today I was thinking about you and how long those 12-14 days can be and thinking he is going to get another baby for you to love, tugged at my heart. Isn't it funny even it that time we feel like it does not make any sence to us, God comes in and gives us perfect peace in the mist of the storm. Just when we need it the most.
I remember being very aggravated at God for taking Tracey and letting him go to Iraq (LETTING????? him???? like He had a say-so).So I thought my life had just fallen apart and if He loved me and wanted the best for me then why would He allow this to happen this way? In my very low moment when I thought my life was litterally falling apart around me, our baby (2) was crying everynight for 6 weeks for his daddy to come home; I got the kids (4 of them under 12) in the bad and cried out to God. Here I am in a whirl wind not knowing how to handle this, I need you, I need peace, I need to feel you in a Mighty way. I heard God so clear that night say to me "I will restore and rebuild the time lost." I felt peace like never before and I got off that floor with a new sense of peace. He gave me favor with people in authority that I had not had before and gave me a new direction on what to do to help the wives left behind.
I am saying all of this because your post made me think of how special our Heavenly Father is, how faithful and how much He loves us. Even when we do not understand His plan, He gives us peace just in time. His timing is perfect.
As I continue to follow your journey, I pray God's favor over Rob, yourself, the girls and Josiah. Many blessings to your family. Safe travels and peace over Josiah as he adjusts to his forever family.
Missy Lee

Anonymous said...

This post melted my heart, broke my heart and made my heart smile! :-)

Keisha said...

Oh Lisa! I'm praying for that baby boy. Prayers for Rob too, but, I'm sure God will give him the strength he needs to comfort Josiah. The two of them will have an incredible bond.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! So touching and amazing!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Scott and I LOVED reading your post and seeing Rob/Josiah together!!! What a blessing to know he is your baby and they are doing so well! What a blessing that your girls have you there with them loving them through the wait!!! Blessings and love!

Melissa said...

Finally!! Your baby boy and a PERFECT GOD! So happy for your family!