Monday, May 14, 2012

Medical Clinic Day...5 days left

Izzy's Gotcha Day Anniversary has had me going back through pictures and I came across the post about Izzy's medical clinic day. Then I went and read through Mari's and oh my goodness what a different experience Josiah had. Reading my post about Mari's made me upset all over again. She had to have seven immunizations all at once...it was awful. For Josiah we were able to get a vaccination waiver from the US.  Can you imagine your child is just getting to know and trust you and then you have to hold him down for seven shots. No thank you. I'm so relieved Rob didn't have to do that to him. He did great at the clinic. He didn't even cry for the TB test. What a big boy ! Talk about God's grace...don't think my husband could have handled that. He's never done the shots with the girls. It's too much for him.  Even in China with Mari I had to take her back in the room and hold her...well me and three other nurses. She may be just 34 lbs but she's one strong little girl. Anyway, so happy that it all went well. They met another family from our agency and had dinner at Lucy's with them. The medical clinic day ended up being a great day.  That's a first for us : )

So long Wuhan:





Hello Guangzhou and The Victory :








At the medical clinic...amazed at how well he did.










No comments: