Friday, May 18, 2012

Welcome Home Josiah....


On September 18, 2010 I had a dream that I was pregnant with a little boy.  It was 5 days after returning from China with Mari. Izzy had started the little brother thing at least a year before that. I told the Lord “No way” and chalked it up to jet lag.  I wrote the dream down in my journal and went about life adjusting to our new daughter…our new family.  I was busy. I was tired. But I was blessed. We serve a faithful God. I know that. What I learned though is that we serve a relentless God. He’s relentless in His pursuit of us. He’s relentless in His commands to care for the least of these. He didn’t give up on me.  His plan is perfect even when we can’t see it. He showed me over and over again that I would have another son. One day he showed me Josiah.  I knew he was mine and I said “yes” and He promised that day that He would never ask me to do anything that He wouldn’t equip to handle. I trust Him so I believed Him. I’m so thankful that He is persistent in His pursuit of our hearts.  I’m so thankful the He was unyielding in His quest for me to be a Momma again.

I’m 42 years old and Momma to a 24, 21, 6, 5 and 2 year old. I never dreamed of a life this amazing….

No comments: