Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oh my...

I'm beginning to wade through the adoption paperwork that came back from China with Josiah and getting it organized and filed.  There's always so much of it and it just reminded me of all the bureaucracy we went through to bring him home. All the endless forms and filing fees. All of the fundraisers and grant applications. Just thinking of it makes me tired. Then when I was filing his and Rob's passport I saw the girls Chinese passports and it just flooded mind with memories of returning from each trip, putting their little passport away and never imagining that we'd be going back for yet another child. Each time I did that. I did that again today. Then I started thinking about how the Lord has surprised me each time. Nudged me along when I was stubborn. I think He really LOVES to surprise me and imagine how completely overwhelmed I would've been if He showed me all of this at once. First I would have never believed it and second I'd probably have passed out : ) The thought of our heavenly Father orchestrating such amazing blessings for us long before we know that they're coming just makes me smile. His perfect plans carefully worked out in His perfect time. I was overwhelmed by His grace today and what these little passports mean to me. I am blessed.





I really feel like Josiah is our caboose, but I know my God better these days and I know to never say never because who knows what kind of blessings the Lord is cooking up : )

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

The red passports make me smile too and I can tell you~ never say never... number 4 on the way! :) XOXO